1. PLAN AHEAD
The Plan Ahead app is a practical tool for those seeking to
get prepared in advance of planning reforms coming into force in
Queensland. Effective from 3 July 2017, the Planning Act
2016 (Qld) ("new Act") will repeal and replace the
Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (Qld) ("old Act").
Plan Ahead enables you to easily navigate between
Queensland’s current and future planning laws. At a quick glance,
users of this app can identify:
- sections introduced by the new Act;
- sections in the old Act which have a replacement provision in
the new Act;
- sections in the old Act which will be transferred to the new
Planning and Environment Court Act 2016 (Qld) ("PE
Court Act"); and
- sections in the old Act which have not been replaced.
- Section-by-section editorial notes provide detailed analysis of
the reforms including terminology changes, relocations and
removal of redundant sections, and forms.
- Certain procedural matters will be relocated to the Planning
Regulation 2017 (Qld) ("regulation") and
Development Assessment Rules (Qld) ("rules") rather
than the new Act. The app includes notes indicating which
sections of the Act should be read in conjunction with the
regulation and the rules.
- Links to the old Act, new Act, PE Court Act, regulation and
2. PERSONAL INSOLVENCY LAW REFORM
This module is an essential resource for those working in the field
of personal insolvency law and practice. Ahead of major reforms
coming into force later this year, the LawMap app enables users to
easily navigate their way between the current version of the
Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth) and the Act, as amended by
the Insolvency Law Reform Act 2016 (Cth).
Quickly locate sections of the Act which will be:
- repealed without replacement;
- repealed and replaced (in Sch 2 to the Act and/or a provision in
- Search and browse functionality.
- Editorial notes outlining application and transitional
provisions (including the modifications made by the
Insolvency Law Reform (Transitional Provisions)
Regulation 2016 (Cth)).
- Editorial notes indicating which sections of the Act should be
read in conjunction with the Insolvency Practice Rules
(Bankruptcy) 2016 (Cth).
- Links to the Act, reform Act, rules and transitional
The LawMap App is available for download from the iTunes app store.
The Personal Insolvency Law Reform module is an in-app purchase,
available February 2017.
The Plan Ahead module is an in-app purchase, available June 2017.
Last Updated: 14 May 2018